Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recycled Picture

My sister brought me a picture/wall hanging she had at her house and wanted it revamped.  This is super simple to do and if you didn't have an old tired wall hanging you could easily thrift one.  She wanted a picture of the Adirondack mountains from Lake Placid NY on it.

I pulled out my acrylic paints and did one coat of each section directly over the cardboard picture that was in the frame.

Then I did a second coat on the background and added mountains and a tree. 


Little more drying time and I added another coat where it was needed and added a trunk of the tree. 


Finally I got out black paint and outlined everything and added a chair and some apples. 



Super simple picture to recreate. Its mostly basic shapes.  With a little imagination you can make mass production decorations in your house original pieces of art to show off.  It doesn't matter if it is "perfect" because really who is to say what perfect is?  Make this year the year you try to be a little more creative.  Simple touches of art like this are what makes the shell of a house a true home.  

Happy Painting!
Wen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bighead417