Sunday, April 22, 2012

Melted Crayon Art


Simple, fun, and a form of reusing!  Making your own crayon art is simple.  I made some as Christmas presents for my family and now I have been making them to sell.  You can find some here, Bighead417 .


How do you make your own?  Get a canvas, some broken bits of crayons, a glue gun, and a hair dryer.  You're set.  I hot glue my crayons on strips of cardboard so I can control where the drips land, but you can easily glue right on the canvas.  Heat with the hair dryer and you have art. The end that simple.

Here are some ideas that I have made.
owl

heart tree

Melted glitter crayons and an elephant

More melted glitter crayons and a whale

Rainbow and a pot of gold

fairy and a tree

tree we made for Christmas, I added a girl on a swing

this was also for christmas and was rain and I added a couple under an umbrella to this one

and finally this one was for christmas and I hot glued silk flowers to the top

I currently have 3 more ready to be photographed and added to the shop.  The possibilities are endless for these with a preschooler and multiple broken crayons around I will be making more.  It is amazing how something as simple as melted crayons can be so beautiful.



Check out the ones available for purchase in my shop Bighead417 .

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love how the elephant's stream of water came out. I noticed there are some aqua and purple tones towards his trunk and was wondering if that was from the wax of the glitter crayons separating or if you layered those colors under the glitter crayon. Please let me know, I'd love to achieve the same look when I make this with my students!

    ReplyDelete

Bighead417