Thursday, December 29, 2011

Inspiration

A majority of my inspiration for our made Christmas gifts came from Pinterest.  This place is where time goes to die.  Seriously you will log in at 8 and next thing you know it is 11 o clock.  There is soooo much “crap” in one place its unbelievable.  

I found many things that I tried to make for gifts and they just didn’t make it.  One of them is  the recycled can covered in a tie  transformation into a cute little bracelet. 
Picture via Pinterest

Ya well as cute as it is in that picture I couldn’t for the life of me make it work.  Once I got the can cut and glued the tie on the cuff became huge and unwearable.   
Next up on my unable to create list would be these beautiful roses.
Picture via Pinterest


Take a good look at them....they are coffee filters??!!! Ya looks simple enough to recreate.  Off I went to the store and picked up some coffee filters sat my little helper down and we painted some filters. Then mommy cut and rolled like the pictures showed and there was no possible way the mess in my hands was going to magically turn into those pretty things.  
Ahhh... thankfully it takes A LOT to make me discouraged and I tried yet another of my pinned items.  
Picture via Pinterest

These cute little stools caught my eye and I couldn’t stop thinking about them.  Because the link on Pintrest led me to a site from another country that I couldn’t read I decided to wing it.  My husband found small legs at a local thrift shop and attached them to circles he cut from random wood we had from construction projects.  I took a vintage sheet ripped it into strips and used that as my crochet thread.  I was very happy with my results and so was mommy when she opened them on Christmas morning.  


Stay tuned,  I had more projects that turned out nicely then I had bomb.  ;) 
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bighead417