Friday, December 2, 2011

Gifts, Christmas, and the lack of a camera.

Hello!  We have been gone for a while, a long while.  I have no reason for it really, mostly because I forget to take any pictures when I make something.

MOVING on, Christmas is close, yes it is only the 2nd, but this year we are doing things a bit different in my family.   Our gifts we are giving are all going to be made and or upcycled, well except for the gifts Santa leaves. :)

Im going to try to share as many as I can on here, before Christmas so maybe you will wanna try some too.   Some will have to wait so that all members of the family won't see their gifts. :) I have to tell you this has been the most fun I have ever had shopping for Christmas.  There is real thought going into each and every item.  Our weekends are filled with thrifting at second hand stores and our weeks are filled with construction.

I have been scouring the internet getting ideas for many many gifts and together we work through them.  Some we scrap even though they look great on other peoples sites, when we try it and rework they just don't work.

Today I am going to share 2 items, the first is an infinity type scarf I made for my mom's birthday.  I again didn't take any pictures  but the site I will post has nice ones and my project turned out exactly like hers aside from the color.  I used lion brand thick and quick in an eggplant color.  This was a very easy pattern and I think even a beginner could make this.  I highly suggest this as a gift or for yourself!

Picture and pattern from The Crimson Owl. Great site go visit!
 Ok so next up is something I really wanted to work but just didn't.  I found this project on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it.  The site has a great set of instructions that make it look so easy.  Its so hard to believe that those cute flowers are q-tips!  YES Q-TIPS!  I have found other sites that recreated these little numbers with no problem so I am thinking it was just me.   My q-tips kept falling out.  Im pretty sure I am going to give this one another try because I really really like them.  AND even though I am having problems with mine, I still suggest this one to others!

Picture and Instructions from Homemade Ginger, check them out!


Well that is all for today.  Ill be back in a day or so with some things I am making using vintage sheets!  Im excited! Fingers crossed that what is in my head turns out just as great!

Happy gift making!
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bighead417