Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Vest

SO, Old Navy had a super cute faux fur vest attached to a shirt on their site but sadly very over priced. 30.00 bucks for a shirt vest combo is not acceptable by me. Joanne fabric bound I was to recreate my own fur vest for fall. I bought1/2 a yard of the leopard faux fur, cause I love tacky, and spent a whopping 6.99. When I came home I chopped up a t shirt and sewed up my vest! See below!





Here is Old Navy's (Pic from their site)



























I took an old shirt (Ironically from Old Navy) folded it in half chopped up the middle also cut the sleeves off at the seams.




















Measured how long i wanted it to be and cut.





















Laid that on the fur and used as a template marked with a marker and cut.





















Sewed all the cut pieces together and Wha lah!







































Now this is pretty obvious that it is not exactly like what Old Navy is selling, but it is what I like and for only about 7 bucks WELL worth the time and effort! What are you waiting for ???!!! Go buy some faux fur and make a vest!




Wen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bighead417